Glen Boothe: Welcomes guests and introduces Gillian Morrison
• Gillian Morrison, Assistant Vice-President, Divisional Relations& Campaigns, brings welcome remarks and acknowledges honoured guests including the Masai Ujiri, U of T President Meric Gertler, VP & Principal UTSC Dr. Wisdom Tettey, VP Advancement David Palmer, UTAA Director Lennox Phillips, and faculty and staff.
• Singing of hymn: Amazing Grace
• Blessing of food
Meal is served buffet-style
12:45 approximately (Note: timing may be slightly later if Masai Ujiri’s arrival time is delayed)
• VP, Division of University Advancement David Palmer: official introduction of Masai Ujiri
• David Palmer calls upon Principal Dr. Wisdom Tettey to give his remarks and to present Award of Recognition to Masai Ujiri.
• David calls on High Commissioner (Nigeria) Ambassador Adeyinka Olatokunbo Asekunto present the award.
• Masai Ujiri accepts awards and presents his address.
• 15 min Q and A with Masai Uirji: Moderator Glen Boothe
• Glen Boothe calls on Lennox Phillips: UTAA Board Member to make thank you remarks/present gift to Masai Ujiri.
Thank you remarks: Lennox Phillips: UTAA Board Member
Present gift to Masai Ujiri:Lennox Phillips: UTAA Board Member
Closing remarks: Glen Boothe:Chair, Black History Luncheon Committee